Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ashley's Favorite Books of 2014

Here are my favorite reads of the year!!


1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I didn't even have to think about my #1 book of the year. There was no question that this was my favorite book I've read this year! Cassandra Clare's characters and writing always gets my blood boiling. This book kept me on the edge of my seat! There were so many twists and turns. I was so sad when it ended. I really love this series, and it's characters, and I was sad to see it come to an end.


2. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. This book was awesome! I was flying through the pages of this book, waiting to see when Jace would slip from Sebastian's clutches. This book was filled with twists and turns too! I can't read any of these books without holding my breath--The Mortal Instruments is just that good. Read it!


3. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. This book was excellent! There were a lot of things I didn't see coming (and it's hard to surprise me). The ending made me so depressed and itching for more!! It was a genius cliff-hanger. I couldn't believe what Ruby did. I was legit angry with a fictional character lol. I can't wait to read its sequel to find out what happens!


4. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I've heard about this book for a while before finally picking it up. I don't regret it--which it why I made it #4! I'm not big on aliens or sci-fi but I really enjoyed this book. It was just so much fun to read! :) Definitely pick it up!


5. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. This book was good, but it was probably my least favorite in the series. It kind of disappointed me because Mara wasn't the same (though it was understandable, considering the circumstances). It was good though; very gothic and gripping and intense!


6. Divergent by Veronica Roth. This was a great thriller with tough, fun characters! People have been saying that it's like The Hunger Games, but I don't see how. It's totally different, or it was in this first book at least. I will definitely be reading Insurgent before the movie comes out in March!


7. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. This is one of my favorite authors! The writing was great and the story was very original. It was a fun read, filled with love and family. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel!


8. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. The story was very good; very realistic, and very intense. I loved the game Sky and Dean played whenever they ate. It was fun and I want to play it! Sky's past is heartbreaking and a reality for a lot of women; my heart went out to her. It was scary how realistic it was. That's what made it so good.


9. First Love by James Patterson. This book was sweet and sad. Their love and friendship was beautiful. I only wish it could've lasted longer. Though this book seemed like a The Fault in Our Stars ripoff, it was still good! The adventures these two characters had before tragedy struck was fun and filled with butterflies.


What was your favorite book of the year? Comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment