Monday, July 28, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare


Title: City of Heavenly Fire

Series: The Mortal Instruments #6

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Publication Date: May 27, 2014

Genre: YA fiction, romance, action, thriller, paranormal, fantasy

Pages: 752 (hardback)

Age Range: 13+



Summary


Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian—but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance…

Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world will change. Who will survive the explosive sixth and final installment of the Mortal Instruments series?


 Review


The end....is here.


The Prologue immediately sucks you in. I was immediately grabbed and flung into the story. The book pretty much picks up right where it left off in Book 5

The writing, was amazing as always Cassandra. The characters, amazing as well. They are always funny, witty, brave, close and loving. I had tears in my eyes at times, and it's rather difficult to get me that emotional, so congrats. The connection between all the characters is still strong.

Jace and Clary are as strong, loving, and brave as ever. They're always there for each other, ready to sacrifice themselves for the other. Isabelle and Simon are still strong. And Mugnas and Alec's relationship still reads, "It's Complicated." I also felt a little sympathy for Sebastian, but only because he didn't choose to be what he was; evil was forced on him. I'm sure we all wonder what Sebastian would have been like if he'd grown up differently.

The final installment of The City of Bones series will make you smile, laugh, cry, and shatter your heart into a million pieces. And possibly make you drop, of throw your book across the room. I freaked out so many times, just thinking, No! No! No! This isn't happening!! This can't be happening!!! There were so many things I didn't see coming in this book....I just couldn't believe any of it was happening lol.

It was very sad to see this series end. This is one of those series that I'll never get over; that I'll read again and again. The series will take you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions. Nadia (my co-blogger) text me a few weeks ago while she was reading City of Ashes, telling me that she was close to having a heart attack because of the book. She also said the book is bad for your health, so you know it's good lol!

If you haven't read The Mortal Instruments series.....you NEED to!! I mean it, go to the bookstore right now and just buy the whole series on the spot!



6 comments:

  1. My daughter will be sad that this is the end of her favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been depressed since I finished the last word on the page :(

      Delete
  2. I do believe that this series will be the death of me... but I cannot bring myself to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm still depressed about the series ending.....I just can't believe it. No more Jace, or Clary, or Simon, or Magnus....it's all over *sobs*

      Delete
    2. Breathe!! There are other amazing series out there to feed off of. XD

      Delete
    3. I know but I LOVED this series....

      Delete