Tuesday, August 4, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

 Title: P.S. I Still Love You

 Author: Jenny Han

 Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2

 Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers

 Date Published: May 26, 2015

 Genre: Romance, Contemporary

 Pages: 352 (Hardcover)

 Age Range: 13+





                                                                     Summary:

     Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

     She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

     When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?


                                                                        Review:

     Oh, my goodness. Lara Jean is finally back. THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS. EVEN THE BLURB CONTAINS SPOILERS.
     So, I really missed Lara Jean and her cutesy little romance. The first book really left off on a brutal cliff hanger, and I waited with baited breath for this book. I was a little worried about how things in this book would work- things were pretty crummy with Peter, and I wasn't ready to throw another love interest in the mix. Then, I met John Ambrose McClaren. John Ambrose was super amazing. While Peter is my favorite, John was pretty close. In the end, I would have been okay with Lara choosing either boy.
     In this book, Lara Jean has so many new issues with Genevieve. I wanted nothing more than for Lara to slap Gen. And Peter, UGH. I understand why Peter couldn't tell Lara Jean about Gen's issues, but I also got increasingly frustrated with both of them. Couldn't Lara trust him? And couldn't Peter feed her at least a little bit of info? This book solidified my hatred of Gen.
      We met a whole slew of new characters, all of them incredibly minor. As much as I liked the characters, I really wished that we could meet some of them more. Maybe they can have their own duologies? I also really loved the Assassins game and plan to play with some good friends soon.
     I did love the moments between Lara and John, and Lara and Peter, but they were fewer than the first book. This book was much more drama-filled. I loved this sequel, and I can't wait for Jenny Han to write something new. More contemporaries, please??
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment