Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

 Title: Fire With Fire

 Series: Burn For Burn Trilogy #2

 Author(s): Siobhan Vivian, Jenny Han

 Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

 Date Published: September 16, 2014

 Genre: Paranormal, Contemporary

 Pages: 544 (paperback)

 Age Range: 14+





                                                     Summary:

      Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance.
     Not even close.
     For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there was ever a pact.
     But there is something seriously wrong with sweet, little Mary. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure someone will get hurt. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her—it’s that he made her love him.
     It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn…

                                                      Review:

     Wow. Jenny Han has a serious Peter complex. For those of you that don't know what that means, let's compare Peter from the To All The Boys I've Loved Before duology, to Reeve from this trilogy. They're both jocks that are seemingly jerks, but end up being love interests because they are just so gosh darn sweet when you actually get to meet them. No, that wasn't sarcasm. I seriously love Peter, and Reeve seems pretty good so far. That being said, I guess it's time to look at the characters.
     Mary is creeping me out more and more. I don't know what really ends up happening with her, but she is seriously creeping me out. I think in Ashes With Ashes she's gonna go on some revenge trip by herself to get back at Lillia, but I really just don't know. I'm an even smaller fan on Mary's after reading this book because she's grown bratty, self-centered, and even more obsessive over Reeve. In the book, we have some more Reeve moments, and we actually have some really nice moments, but (SPOILERS) I'm not sure if he's boyfriend material. I kinda like Alex and Lillia. Alex is that sweet boy that's pined after Lillia for years, and Reeve is the jock that *gasp* cares for a girl a little more than himself. However, I am okay with LIllia and Reeve just because I really love LIllia and want to see her happy, especially after all this drama with her friends (END SPOILERS). I liked when Reeve almost went on a revenge trip, and when Lillia went after him, but I feel like that could have been a scene between her and Alex, or at least between Reeve and Lillia as friends. I feel so bad for poor lil' Kat and I really hope that she finds someone to be with, or at least gets into Oberlin. I'm glad that she and Alex didn't work out, because I ship Alex and Lillia, but if Alex and Lillia don't work out, I'd be okay if Alex and Kat got it on.
     (SPOILERS) I'm a terrible person because when Rennie died, I laughed for a good five minutes. I was so happy because I hated Rennie so much that it was almost ridiculous. (END SPOILERS) We have some major drama in this book, even more so than we saw in the first book. Because this book is considerably thicker than the first one, the story moseyed along at a slower pace, which was nice. I saw the Rennie thing coming, but I didn't see something happening to Rennie in such a big way.
     Predictions? Oh, Lord. I think that Mary will go on her own, personal revenge trip, at least against Lillia and Reeve. I think that Lillia and Alex will end up going to college together, but I think that Lillia and Reeve will stay together :(... I hope that something happens to Kat's family, just so that we can get some more depth to Kat. Kat is kinda like this untouchable vixen, and I'd like to see her world shaken a bit. I hope Mary dies. That's horrible, I know. But seriously. Let's get rid of the psycho? Please?
     I can't wait to read Ashes With Ashes. I've heard it's a really disappointing conclusion, but I'm waiting with baited breath.


                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment