Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Torment by Lauren Kate

Image result for torment by lauren kate  Title: Torment
  Series: Fallen Series (book #2)
  Author: Lauren Kate
  Publisher: Delacorte Press
  Date Published: June 14, 2011
  Genre: Paranormal, Romance
  Pages: 464 (paperback)
  Age Range: 13+








                  Summary:

Hell on earth.

That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.
It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.
What if Daniel’s version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?


                                                   Review:

*Slow clap*  Lauren Kate has done it again. She's made me regret every decision I've made in life. Again, I'm reading these books on a dare- not under my own volition.

     In this book, we move to another school with a brand-spanking new set of characters. Easily, my favorite character was Miles. He was, unfortunately, another love interest, but he seemed like a genuinely good person. Half of me hopes that he'll end up being evil, just for kicks, but then I remember that I'm reading the most predictable series on the planet. Shelby was also a better character than any other that I've read so far, but she was a pretty minor character. Lucinda has not improved at all, Daniel has not improved at all, and Cam is... still my favorite, original character. And he's still pretty pathetic.

     There seemed to be no thought behind this book. Honestly, there was truce, other things tried to kill Lucinda for no apparent reason, and she fell for the worst-set traps in the globe. A fight ensued, and she ran away to... do what? TO FIND OUT IF DANIEL'S LOVE IS REAL. *sigh* People are dying, her family is in danger, and she's running amok with the very, very, VERY little expertise that she has. maybe she'll ruin the time-space continuum or whatever and die. A girl can dream, right?

     Here is the ranty, spoilery part. You knew it had to come.



     Oh, my god. SO, I STAND BY WHAT I SAID BEFORE. Don't kiss her, and she won't die. Right? Why am I the only one who has figured this out?!
     And who are all these other people that want to kill Lucinda? And why??? She's just an idiotic girl! She doesn't even have any powers. She's literally only a girl who dies over, and over, and over again because someone can't keep his hands off of her. I'm looking at you Daniel.


     Back to the review!!!

     What do I think will happen in book three? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But I only hope that she screws something up and ruins everything. Now wouldn't that be fun?





Image result for one star out of five






No comments:

Post a Comment