Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


 Image result for throne of glass        

Title: Throne of Glass 

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's

Date Published: May 7, 2013

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 432 (hardback)

Age Range: 15+




                                                                        Summary:

     In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.


                                                                          Review:

     Oh, my gosh. I love this book. The characters, the plot, the book flap, the cover, and the entire thing is absolutely perfect.
     I had never read an assassin book before I read this one. The plot was really interesting and I liked it a lot. Some of the aspects were kind of predictable, and I was frustrated because it took Celaena so long to get them, but once she did, things were flying! The plot with the Wyrdkeys and magic being banned is fascinating, and I think that things will get really rough later on in the series. While reading these books, you can definetly tell that they are part of a series, but each book also does a good job at fulfilling its own story arc while contributing to the overall story arc.
      I loved almost all of the characters. I liked Celaena at first, but I quickly grew to love her. Sure, she's kinda full of herself, and she's kinda flighty, but once you get past that, she is kick-butt. I loved Chaol- he's gruff and tough, but I can't wait to see his softer side open up. Dorian... got on my nerves a little? I liked him- I really did- but I just couldn't see him a Celaena getting together to be more than friends. I'm Team Chaol if I have to pick, but mostly I'm Team Celaena- I just want her to be happy, she deserves it. Queen Elena got on my nerves. She just did. I really wished that she could have given Celaena straight answers rather than string her along. I don't like the King at all. I really hope that Celaena gets to kill him later on in the series. Nehemia was a good character. She was a good friend for Celaena, but I have a bad feeling about her. I think she either dies, or is evil. I hope that neither one of those happens.
     In the next book, I hope that we can learn more about the King, and the magic, and the Wyrkdkeys, and about Queen Elena. I hope that we can get some cute moments between Celaena and CHaol, and we can meet some new characters. I also really, really, really want to learn more about Celaena's past because I need to know what happened to her in the past. I just do.
     I've already read book two and three, so I'll work on a review for those soon.


                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment