Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The 5th Wave is being made into a movie!!!

     For those of you who may not know, the 5th Wave by Rick Yancey is one of my favorite books. If you have a reading challenge this year, and you need an author with a Y name, GET THIS BOOK. Ya know what, get this book anyway. In a few words, I will tell you all that you need to know about this book: aliens, Evan, Cassie, survival, death. Booyah. Read it!
     Now, let's look at the cast. For the protagonist, Cassie, Chloe Moretz has been chosen. I think Chloe is gorgeous, but I'm tired of seeing her, I don't think she's that great of an actress, so she better do Cassie justice or there will be a heavy price to pay. She's been in Hugo (an amazing movie), Ender's Game (also, very good), and If I Stay.
And, here she is:
Image result for chloe moretz


Next, we have Evan. Evan is being played by Alex Roe. I don't think he looks the Evan I imagined at all. I had a good-looking, tough, fit guy in mind (kinda like Chris Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxy) . I don't like this pick.... at all.... Let's just get Chris Pratt in here. I've never heard of this guy before, so I shall refrain from judgement of his acting, but here is a picture of him:
Image result for alex roe


Next, we have Ben Parish. Ben is being played by Nick Robinson. Nick looks JUST like I imagined Ben looking. I was happy with this pick, until I realized that I've seen him act before. In Disney's Frenemies movie. SIGH. Anyway, he did do a good job, so I will let the movie people have this cast. Here's a picture of him:
Image result for nick robinson

As a bonus round, I'll throw in a few pictures of other cast members.

Maika Monroe as Ringer:
Image result for maika monroe

Nadji Jeter as PoundCake:
Image result for nadji jeter

Talitha Bateman as Teacup:
Image result for talitha bateman




I cannot wait for this movie! It is expected to be out next year, so we have some time before it's ready. Still, read the book, and then let's enjoy the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment