1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. This is one of my all-time favorite books. The series is amazing, gripping, and sweet, but also tragic. It has a smorgasbord of cutsey characters to fall in love with. And this book made me fall in love with Summer in a way I never have before.
2. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. Yes, another novel by Jenny Han. A really sweet, family-based novel that will keep you wondering until the very end.
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. A sad, sweet, romantic novel about two teens that have cancer. It's funny, sad, and then funny again. This book has many emotional twists and turns; one minute you'll be laughing at something one of the character's say, and then, you'll want to cry. The movie is to be released June 6th, so read it before you see it!
4. if i stay by Gayle Forman. I know, not exactly a summer read, but the movie is coming in August and you might want to read it before you see it. Again, sweet romance mixed with tragedy, but it's a gripping novel with an exhilarating ending. It was such a perfect book that I bought it and reread it about four times that week. It's a cute book about love and life, and most importantly, hope.
5. First Love by James Patterson. Another sweet, but tragic, novel about two teens on the run from their problems.
6. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. It's a quick, easy read. It had me laughing throughout with it's quirky and silly prose. It's a very easy read (I read it in two hours). It censors the language for the most part, there is only a couple kisses through the book, and it's readable for any teen!
7. Summer of my German Soldier by Bette Greene. is an old book, but it is worth doing a little searching for. It is an amazing story of hope and sacrifice for the greater good. This book is a heavy book, a book filled with emotion and tabulations, but it worth every tear shed.
8. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter. A humorous, quirky, fun read that is perfect for summer. It's about a girl who is sent away to a special summer camp to learn how to use her abilities and realize what she is. There are many funny parts throughout this book--one minute it can be some-what serious and then, the next, someone is making a joke or something happens that is just so random and funny.