Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The New "The Mortal Instruments" & "The Infernal Devices" Covers!

   How is everyone this week? I hope the answer is somewhere along the lines of, "Good."

 A new month has started and not just any month; it's September. Everyone should be starting back at Hogwarts by now, right? Well, I--like many--still haven't gotten my Hogwarts acceptance letter so I'm just sitting here at my computer like any ol' boring Muggle.

 But, I'm a boring Muggle that is here to share some news with you. I'm writing a blog post about my book-nerdiness today, instead of blogging about writing, mostly because I don't have time to sit down and write about writing when I should be editing. So let's get to it so I can get to work :)

 So a few new books got released today, but the only ones I cared about were the beauties in the photos below. I've been waiting months to get my hands on the new The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices (by Cassandra Clare) covers, and they have finally arrived!

These are photos I took today as soon as I opened the box:




 Look at how gorgeous these covers are. Look! These covers are every author's dream. I love the covers so much that I don't even have a favorite! That's very unlike me. The art is amazing and the characters on the covers look how I imagined them, and every single person on The Mortal Instruments covers look bad-ass! I'm just loving these new and improved covers!

   The Mortal Instruments covers BEFORE:

 
   The Mortal Instruments covers AFTER:

  
   The Infernal Devices covers BEFORE:


   The Infernal Devices covers AFTER:


 I am just amazed. I didn't think this series could get any better, and then Cassandra Clare releases new covers for the series that are just breathtaking.

 Cassandra Clare (as well as many others) has been an inspiration to me for years. She crafted this amazing story that just sucks you in every time you sit down to read one of her books, and has lovable and funny characters to take you along for the ride. I can't wait to read more of her work!

POST FROM: www.ashleyearleybooks.blogspot.com  as Happy Semtember 1st (Back to Hogwarts)

www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com


2 comments:

  1. the covers are really really nice! Trying to buy the same edition for my own collection!

    ReplyDelete