Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

 Title: My Life Next Door

 Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick

 Publisher: Speak

 Date Published: June 13, 2013

 Genre: Contemporary, Romance

 Pages: 4382 (Paperback)

 Age Range: 15+ (language)








                                                                    Summary:

     The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

                                                                     Review:

     If you need a cute, light, quick read, this is your book. Although it is rather thick for a summer contemporary, it flies by very quickly. There is a whole slew of characters in this book, and I believe that there is a little bit someone for everyone. I read this book last year after all of the hype was running high, and I really hated it. I put it on my bookshelf and ignored it all year, but last week, I picked it up again to give it another try.
     I had forgotten some of the major points about this book. I had forgotten what a genuinely good person Jase was, and how much I loved him. I had also forgotten what a good job Huntley Fitzpatrick does in developing all of her characters- not just the main ones. For example, Joel plays a pretty minor role in this book, but I knew enough about him, his actions, and his reactions, to develop a connection with him. Samantha is a pretty average female lead, but I still found myself relating to her more than I do with other average leads. As much as I tried not to, I really liked Tim, and I hope that he gets his happily ever after in another book.
    The whole thing between Clay and Grace was weird, and kinda uncomfortable. Not in a bad way, more in a way that kept me reading. I never liked, or trusted, Clay and I was happy when the ending of his chapter came around. I was terrified for the last chapters after the incident, and was so worried that Samantha would wuss out. When she didn't, it really proved how much she'd grown throughout this book.
      I loved this book, and will definitely read more by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Also, the cover is really adorable.



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment