Saturday, November 15, 2014

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


Title: Under the Never Sky

Series: Under the Never Sky Series #1

Author: Veronica Rossi

Publisher: HarperCollins

Date Published: December 4, 2012

Genre: YA fiction, romance, sci-fi

Pages: 400 (paperback)

Ange Range: 13+


Summary

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive. A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption.


Review

 
At first, I was really confused. The beginning of the book is kinda hard to get into, it's pretty slow, and it's really confusing. The first plot line that we run into with Soren and Paisley took a lot longer to play out than I expected. After Aria got kicked out of her home, things really started to pick up.

          
Aria was...iffy. I didn't love her, I didn't hate her. I was able to feel empathy towards her character, but she got on my nerves a little bit. Her connection with Perry was actually pretty sweet and it made her have more body to kinda lackluster character. Perry was my favorite character by far. He's different than everybody, but he's also very relatable. The whole relationship between Aria and Perry was just so sweet. Roar was another amazing character, and I kinda want to see him and Aria together....even though that probably won't happen. :(


The prose was.....weird? I wished it would've been through first person, not third.





No comments:

Post a Comment