Friday, February 14, 2014

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


Title: Wuthering Heights

Author: Emily Bronte

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Date Published: December, 1847

Pages: 448 (paperback)

Genre: Classic, gothic romance

Age Range: 14+ (for reading difficulty)






Summary


I cannot live without my life!


I cannot live without my soul!

When Catherine and Heathcliff's childhood friendship grows into something so much more, what ensues is one of the greatest love stories of all time. Even as fate conspires against them and passion consumes them, nothing can keep Catherine and Heathcliff apart. Not even death . . . for their forbidden love is unlike any other.

Emily Brontë's masterpiece remains as compelling and thrilling as ever. Beautifully presented for a modern teen audience, this is the must-have edition of a timeless classic.

In early nineteenth-century Yorkshire, the passionate attachment between a headstrong young girl and a foundling boy brought up by her father causes disaster for them and many others, even in the next generation.


 Review


This book was hard to get into in the beginning because it was....well boring.

About the first hundred pages is hard to get through, but once Ms. Dean starts telling the story of Heathcliff and Catherine, it gets much more bearable. The book begins to catch your attention, intrigue you with unexpected events, and characters, but also creep you out slightly by the things that certain characters do.

I didn't like reading this book because it was boring to me, but as I read the last....200 pages or so I liked it much more. It's just a hard book to get through. But I had to read it for school so I got through it and I'm finished and I probably won't have to read it again. I would definitely say that this is a high school reading level kind of book. But it's a good gothic romance novel.




No comments:

Post a Comment